Everybody has his or her own way to pass their free time. Some of us enjoy gardening, photography or even hunting for FedEx vans, trucks and aeroplanes like my little brother, Ahmad Ali (refer to ‘FedEx – Ali’s blog’).
My favourite pastime is doing craft works. It has been my favourite hobby since I was a little girl and my best craft teacher is no other than my mother. So far I had tried glass painting, weaving, clay modeling, pottery, simple beading and so much more.
Recently we decided to do some ‘plaster moulding’. It is rather tricky and a bit messy. The measurement must be exact and so is the timing for if not you might have to throw away the whole thing. The result are beautiful especially after they have been painted and how I love to paint them!
We’ve moulded all sorts of items in different shapes and sizes… from fairies to princesses, seahorses and fishes, glittering mirrors to useful trinket boxes while enjoying each moment spent together with mum and Aeshah, my little sister. We also moulded fridge magnets in the shapes of fruits, cute little bears and some lovely sea creatures.
And how I enjoyed painting them … How wonderful it is to see how the white plasters turned ‘alive’ after being painted in beautiful shades of colours.
Eid Mubarak to all muslim readers and
may Allah bless us all. Amin.
Please click here to send the e-card!
Yesterday the 5th December 2008 was my little sister Anisah Afifah’s 8th birthday. Anisah or Fah or Kafah as how our little brother called her (refer to ‘About Anisah Afifah – Ali’s blog’) is a cute little girl with a very sweet smile.
We celebrated her birthday at about 4:30 pm. Dress in a beautiful white gown and wearing a crown, Anisah look so pretty. She was beaming with delight when she saw the presents.
We sang her the birthday song and she read her birthday cards. Among the three birthday cards I think the one from my mum which was decorated with blue flowers and ribbons from a bunga telur (refer to ‘Eggs’) is the nicest.
After reading the cards, she open her presents. Among them were honey (she loves them so much), a ‘Winnie the Pooh’ document file, a T-shirt with a picture of a flying fairy, Disney princess stickers and their album and a lot more. Next we took lots of photographs of Anisah in her beautiful gown. They would be really nice for her blog.
It was rather late after we finished cleaning up the mess. We then sat down to make her some necklaces and bracelets from the bead sets that she got for her birthday. Mum and Ali made her a sweet and colourful necklace. I made her a bracelet which has the word ‘HUG’on it to remind her that I loved her very much. I also made her a necklace which said ‘SIT’ to remind her that she is a big girl now and must not run and jump around all the time. Aeshah made one which said ‘HUG’ too, ands gave her a big hug. Ali is making one with a dolphin on it but he hasn’t finished them yet.
We wanted to play ‘MONOPOLY’ after dinner but we have to go out since dad had a meeting with his Hadith ustaz, Ustaz Raof (refer to ‘My Hadith Class – Ali’s Blog). On the way home, dad took us to Mc Donald for some tasty ice-creams. When we reached home, I asked Anisah what does she likes best about her birthday. Here is the list…
- The ‘Spot the Difference’ card given by Aeshah. She said that it is fun.
- The ‘Musical Card’ which I gave her. It sang the song ‘Happy Birthday’.
- The ‘princess mirror’. The mirror which was made from plaster was moulded. Painted and given by mum, the great artist who could also make other beautiful craftworks.
- A beautiful flowery backpack which was previously mine. She had been wishing for it for a long time.
- Nicely kept stuff toys which previously belong to Aeshah.
- A packet of Pepperidge Farms Goldfish crackers (refer to ‘Goldfish – Ali’s blog’) which was given by Ahmad Ali. It is Anisah’s favourite crackers… infact it is our favourite crackers.
- A beautiful story book which dad bought at the MPH Warehouse Sale (refer to ‘MPH Warehouse Sale – Ali’s blog’)
Best Birthday Surprise
· Yesterday was the first day WordPress 2.7 (refer to ‘If WordPress 2.7 was a movie – WordPress Blog’ and ‘WordPress 2.7 – Ali’s blog’) is downloadable.
Best Birthday Moment
- During the ‘Present Unwrapping Session’
She said that this is her best birthday ever and all of us are now looking forward to the next birthday blogger… guess who???
Note: Please read Ali’s writing on Anisah’s birthday (please click here) and the birthday girl’s own post on her birthday (please click here)